DAY 4 - Give preference to one another:

DAY 4 - Give preference to one another:

Romans 12:10
10 
give preference to one another in honor,

I looked up this verse in a few commentaries and they translated it: ….” taking the lead of each other in honor” andanticipating one another.”

It seems hard to interpret the actual meaning, but the gist is that I am to take the lead in looking for ways to honor others… Exalting my brother should not be a reaction to them honoring me - but my leading the way down that path.

I need to “out honor” others…that needs to be my objective. The concept is easy to understand in light of John 3:30 "He must increase, but I must decrease".  If the One who is increasing in me has commanded that I love my neighbor…then there is nothing to wait on.  I don’t need to know if you agree with my political viewpoint, or you agree with my religious opinions…Because you are more important than me. (Philippians 2:3)

So, this phrase in a verse that I could easily skip over carries power. Is it my practice to run around looking for people to honor…or do I try to obtain honor for myself? The answer to that question is important as are studying the “One another commands” – not the “One another suggestions.”

Popular posts from this blog

DAY 1 - Be at Peace with one another: