DAY 10 - Wait for one another:

 DAY 10 - Wait for one another:

1 Cor. 11:33 So then, my brothers and sisters, when you come together to eat, wait for one another.”

This is instruction that deals with the Lord’s Supper.  It is correcting the improper way the Corinthians were making the Lord’s supper a time for gluttony and self-centeredness.

The true point of the passage is to approach the Lord’s Supper with awe and reverence, but the inadvertent point is clear – when we honor God, we must honor each other as well. 

Jesus forever tied the two commands together when He said, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind and Love your neighbor as yourself.”

If I value others, I will instinctively wait on them – I will not be put out if their needs change my plans.

I cannot approach God by running over my brothers or leaving them behind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY 1 - Be at Peace with one another: