DAY 12 - Through love serve one another:

 DAY 12 - Through love serve one another:

Galatians 5:13 “For you were called to freedom, brothers and sisters; only do  not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but serve one another through love.”

This chapter is one of Paul’s great writings on freedom.  He is insistent that as Christians we are completely free and must enjoy and rest in that freedom.

Our verse above is a small warning tossed into the middle of this dissertation on liberty. It warns of what I call “spiritual judo.”

In Judo the objective is to take your opponent’s momentum and turn it against him. You don’t attempt to stop an attack but just redirect the force, so it throws the attacker off balance.

This verse is warning that our enemy does the same thing.  As Paul heralds our freedom, he says be careful that the enemy doesn’t yank us into license…into selfishness...into using our freedom to harm ourselves and others.

A good thermometer of how well I love others is what I DO for them…. Do my ACTIONS reflect love and service for others - or for myself?

So, today I am free… Will I use that freedom to my own advantage …? Or use that freedom to serve others in love?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY 1 - Be at Peace with one another: