DAY 14 - bearing with one another in love”:

 DAY 14 - bearing with one another in love”:

With humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance.
Eph. 4:2 “with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love.”

Some translations say tolerance some say bearing with one another in love
…I think it means the same thing.

If you asked 10 people to describe me, I bet none would use the word tolerant. That is probably because I need to work on the three characteristics in the first part of the verse that all translations seem to agree on…. humility, gentleness, and patience…adjectives that again, will not find their way into a description of me.

It is dangerous because we have talked ourselves into believing that it is somehow masculine to be intolerant, rough, and impatient…but the most powerful, masculine, perfect leader to walk on the planet was all the things in this verse.

 When I operate from a position of fear and weakness, I become Hollywood’s depiction of masculine… When I operate from confidence and strength I become a man able to be tolerant and bear with others in love.

I need to adjust my aim to be a man of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY 1 - Be at Peace with one another: