DAY 15 - Speak truth to one another:

 DAY 15 - Speak truth to one another:

Eph. 4:25 – “Therefore, ridding yourselves of falsehood, speak truth each one of you with his neighbor, because we are parts of one another.”

This may be one of the hardest “one another commands”. 

The truth is not always convenient, complimentary, or happily accepted.  Today, the truth is in fact hated and, in some cases, outlawed…yet it is a commanded guideline in the scripture.

If I care about someone, I am going to tell them the truth. The verse reverences the fact that we are one body.  How foolish would it if my eye notices a tumor on my arm but my mouth does not mention it because it is not my eye’s or my mouths problem?

Paul is telling the Ephesians that a problem in any part of the body is a problem for the body. I need to stop calling falsehood flattery or encouragement and speak the truth in love.

This is really, really hard sometimes – but never complicated. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY 1 - Be at Peace with one another: