DAY 16 - Be kind to one another, compassionate, forgiving each other

 DAY 16 - Be kind to one another, compassionate, forgiving each other

Eph. 4:32 32 Be kind to one another, compassionate, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.”

The last sentence is what makes this command really difficult. 

I can be kind sometimes…even compassionate…and on rare occasions I can be forgiving. But when Paul throws in “as God in Christ also has forgiven you” that takes things to a whole other level.

You see God – In Christ - sees me as perfect.  None of this “I’ll forgive but I won’t forget nonsense” …He does forget…He puts my sin as far as the east is from the west from me…It is not earthly forgiveness but an astounding Heavenly Redemption.

So, if we work backwards through the verse, it becomes challenging.  If I am to forgive like Christ does then my compassion would be incredible, and my kindness would be off the charts.

This command is not near as simple as it sounds and is worthy of meditation today.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY 1 - Be at Peace with one another: