DAY 17 - Speak to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs.

 DAY 17 - Speak to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs.

Eph. 5:19 - “speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your hearts to the Lord;

This is one of those verses I have heard many times but never really tried to unpack its actual meaning.

 I have often wondered what Alien creatures would think of people singing…and even more dancing.  I kind of wonder who the first person to do that was…but I think humans were made to worship and singing is a big part of worship.  I know God sings over us (Zephaniah 3:17) and we are made in His image.

I think music is a bigger piece of the puzzle than we give it credit for…and even at my age I believe music should be carefully listened to as it imprints on our minds. I know when Mom got dementia and could not remember what she had for breakfast - she could still remember the old hymns.

But I am a little off subject – I think the meaning in this verse is that what comes out of my mouth is what is in my heart. And I should be so full of scripture, psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs that when I speak that should splash out on others….my entire life should be about making melody with my heart to the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY 1 - Be at Peace with one another: