DAY 20 - Admonish one another

DAY 20 - Admonish one another

Colossians 3:16 “Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.”

So, admonishing didn’t seem to go with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs so I looked up what it actually means…. Here are the definitions - warn or reprimand someone firmly. - advise or urge (someone) earnestly. I like the second one better.

I am still not sure exactly what it means but I am pretty sure I am not good at it.  I am very big on minding my own business and believe it or not I am pretty private. So, I can much easier lean on the “splinter in my eye” to justify non-conflict…but the truth is that is simply selfishness on my part.

I always told the team that if you didn’t love your friend more than your friendship then you didn’t have either one…In other words if you can see a threat in your friends’ life and remain silent – you aren’t much of a friend.

I need to take my own advice and be comfortable being uncomfortable if that is what it takes to help my brother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY 1 - Be at Peace with one another: