DAY 25 – Seek good for one another

 DAY 25 – Seek good for one another

1 Thessalonians 5:15 – “See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek what is good for one another and for all people. 

This verse is a mouth full when you read it in context.  The chapter begins by discussing the return of Christ and how we should be looking for Him. 

Then it discusses respecting those in the church leadership because of their work.

The verse itself raises the bar with its introduction…. I must not only resist repaying evil for good - but I also can’t even repay evil for evil… …. SEEK what is GOOD for others (ALL others).

Not a lot of wiggle room here. I am to actively seek good for others…with apparent extra emphasis on church leadership. This is not a passive command telling me to stop treating people badly – it is telling me to energetically look for ways to treat them well.

The title in my translation of this passage is “Christian Conduct” …I have some work to do before I get a “S” on my Christian conduct report card much less an “E”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY 1 - Be at Peace with one another: